We want to make sure you are in the know about what's happening at St. John's.
Please consider FOLLOWING OUR FACEBOOK for the most up-to-date information.
ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things,
and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least
spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself
entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
COVID-19 UPDATE (as of 6/11/2020)
We are THRILLED to announce we are REOPENING!
The resumption of Masses began Monday, June 15 with daily Mass at 8am.
All Weekend Masses will be celebrated again in Church, with a limit of 100 people per mass.
Saturday mass will resume at 5:00pm.
Sunday Masses resume at 8:00am, 10:00am and 12:00pm.
You MUST reserve a spot to attend weekend masses in-person.
Please call Kathy Breitenbach at 201-666-2707 ext. 211 or email with your name, phone number, mass you'd like to attend, and number of people attending. We will only contact you if the mass you selected is full.
The obligation to attend is still suspended by the Archbishop. We will continue to have a Mass online for those who choose to stay home.
Please read the new rules about our gatherings:
- Everyone who attends MUST wear a mask upon entering the church, and keep it on for the entire liturgy.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building.
- ONLY the center main doors will be open for entrance.
- There is no offertory procession. Collection baskets for your weekly donation will be at the main doors until Mass is ready to start, and then will be moved to the sanctuary. You also can mail your donations to the rectory, or donate online at www.stjohnhillsdale.org
- We have roped off every other pew in the church. Households can sit together, but MUST keep a 6-foot distance from other families. Ushers will help with seating.
- You must keep your mask on for Communion procession. Tape will be placed on the floor to aid this. The Eucharist will be placed in your hand without contact. You will step aside to consume the Eucharist as you return to your seat.
- We ask everyone who comes to stay until the final song is over, when Ushers can dismiss people row by row to prevent crowding, and to ensure social distance regulations are not broken.
- Exiting mass you CANNOT go to the center doors, but instead will exit on the east or west wing side doors. There is one way in to the church, and one way out.
- No one may remain in church to chat. Do this outside, keeping in mind safety protocols.
- The church will be disinfected between Masses.
-WELCOME BACK! We can't wait to see all of you